By linking geography learning to our termly topics, pupils at Cudham will develop a curiosity and fascination about the world and its people that will remain with them for the rest of their lives.
Children will investigate a range of places, both in Britain and abroad, to help develop their knowledge and understanding of the Earth’s physical and human process. We also help develop the children’s ability to confidently communicate their findings and geographical understanding to a range of audiences.
Through our curriculum we develop the following characteristics
• knowledge of where places are and what they are like, both in Britain and the wider world
• fluency in geographical enquiry and the ability to apply questioning skills, as well as effective presentational techniques
• field work skills as well as other geographical skills and techniques
• a passion for the subject, and a real sense of curiosity about the world and the people who live there
• the ability to express well-balanced opinions, rooted in knowledge and understanding about current issues in society and the environment
If you would like to find out more information about the current National Curriculum, you can access the full curriculum at GOV.UK. by clicking the button below