We are fortunate to have several specialist P.E./Games teacher at Cudham who deliver high quality teaching and learning to all pupils across the school. .
We aim to create pupils who will be physically active and can flourish in a range of different physical activities. We also have our own swimming pool which is in use during the summer and which enables every pupil to swim twice weekly for half a term.
The aims of our PE curriculum are to develop:
• Pupils who are willing to practise skills in a range of different activities and situations, alone, in small groups and in teams and to apply these skills in chosen activities to achieve exceptionally high levels of performance.
• High levels of physical fitness.
• A healthy life style, achieved by eating sensibly, being aware of the dangers of drugs, smoking and alcohol and exercising regularly.
• The ability to remain physically active for sustained periods of time and an understanding of the importance of this in promoting long-term health and well-being.
• The ability to take initiative and become excellent young leaders, organising and officiating, and evaluating what needs to be done to improve, and motivating and instilling excellent sporting attitudes in others.
• Imagination and creativity in their techniques, tactics and choreography, knowledge of how to improve their own and others’ performance and the ability to work independently for extended periods of time without the need of guidance or support.
• A keen interest in P.E. A willingness to participate eagerly in every lesson, highly positive attitudes and the ability to make informed choices about engaging fully in extra-curricular sport.
• The ability to swim at least 25 metres before the end of year 6 and knowledge of how to remain safe in and around water.
If you would like to find out more information about the current National Curriculum, you can access the full curriculum at GOV.UK. by clicking the button below